The following statement explains our policy regarding the personal information we collect about you.
From time to time, you will be asked to provide personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address etc) in order to receive or use services on our website. In addition we automatically collect certain data which we outline below. Some of this information is stored in cookies, you can find out how we use these in our cookies policy.
RECOUP and the BPF are strongly committed to protecting your privacy and complying with your choices. Both personal and non-personal information collected is protected in accordance with the highest privacy and data protection standards adopted worldwide. We maintain robust and effective data protection protocols which comply with existing law and data protection principles, including those of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
How we process your data
In accordance with relevant legislation (including but not limited to the EU GDPR Regulations 2016/679, and UK Data Protection Act 2018) we process your data in these ways:
For certain legitimate interests:
- to improve your experience
- to allow you to sign in and stay signed in on our site
- to display content suitable to your device
- to measure the effectiveness of our website and marketing channels;
- to determine the effectiveness of resources
- g. to provide a follow-up email after a user has download a specific resource
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to identify and prevent spam; and
- if you are one of our partners, to send you email marketing communications.
Based on your consent:
- to provide you with a personalised experience
- i.e. providing content tailored to you
- to send you marketing communications
- i.e. email marketing and online advertising, for which we will gain separate consent
- to measure the effectiveness of our audience profiles on our website and marketing channels
- for research purposes.
and to comply with a legal obligation.
What data we collect
The data we collect includes:
- Name, email address, postcode, country and telephone number
- Organisation and job title
- IP address
- Website actions (i.e. content viewed and downloaded)
- Marketing preferences
- Audience profiling
- Information specific to an event i.e. dietary needs. The information will only be used for the event.
Sharing your data
Subject to applicable data protection law, we may share your personal data with:
- Companies who provide services to us for example but not limited to payment providers to process your payment, or refunds
- Legal and professional advisors or bodies
- Fraud prevention companies
- Your personal data held in our website database will be stored on the servers of our hosting services providers
- Any other organisation where we have gained your consent or where it is required by law.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please contact us.
How long we keep your data
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for the following purposes and use the following criteria to determine how long to retain your personal data:
- Whether consent has been given.
- Whether the company you work for is a member, pending member or potential member of RECOUP or the BPF.
- Whether a record of your interactions with RECOUP and the BPF is necessary in order for RECOUP and the BPF to continue to efficiently perform their core duties and activities as membership organisations.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Access to your personal information
In line with the above rights, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information RECOUP and the BPF holds about you, to have any inaccuracies corrected, or request that it be deleted. Please address requests to the person responsible for Data Protection (email: email@example.com).
This website is owned and operated by RECycling Of Used Plastics Limited (RECOUP) and The British Plastics Federation (BPF)
RECycling Of Used Plastics Limited | Registered in England & Wales number: 02435729
VAT registration number: 546 5837 10 | Registered Charity Number: 1072029
The British Plastics Federation (BPF) | Registered in England & Wales number: 00282883
The details for the latter are:
RECycling of Used Plastics Limited
1 Metro Centre
The British Plastics Federation
5-6 Bath Place